clicking sound at the end of audio tracks

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

ryan77

clicking sound at the end of audio tracks

Post by ryan77 »

Hi guys,

I am running across a bit of a problem.

I am importing WAV files, from a third party, into beatcraft. When I double click the sound file in beatcraft, say a ride sound, at the end of the sound it cuts out early, creating a clicking sound.

I checked the WAV file outside of Beatcraft, and there is no clicking sound present at the end of the sample. Furthermore, if I render a pattern with just the ride sound, the sound completes fully without the clicking sound. However, if I render a whole sequence with these sounds, I again hear the clicking sound at the end of the sounds.

So, to sum it up, I am importing a sound into Beatcraft, and for some reason, when I play the sound in Beatcraft or render a sequence with these sounds, I hear a click at the end of the sound, where no click should be.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan
ryan77

Post by ryan77 »

Increasing my "number of buffers" and "buffer size" under File>Properties seems to have helped with the problem.

-Ryan
---

Ryan T.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

That's good, i was also going to suggest checking the properties of the imported sounds to make sure they are in the correct format. But it looks like you got it working.
ryan77

still having problems

Post by ryan77 »

It seems I am still having problems with popping at the end of sounds. Even sounds that are included with Beatcraft. It's like the little popping noise that it makes when a sound is cut off before it ends.

Any ideas on what this can be and how to fix it?

thanks,

Ryan
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

did the buffer settings get reverted? how about the latest driver for your sound card?