Mixcraft 4.1 Build 89 Issue with Vista

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Muzic

Mixcraft 4.1 Build 89 Issue with Vista

Post by Muzic »

Hi,

I was using Mixcraft 4.1 Build 89 version with Windows XP and had no problem, but ever since I got Vista my tracks freeze and crash. This happens when I press play and Mixcraft is playing over the overlapping multiple sounds in the track. Can someone help me as to why this may be, and how I can fix this?

Thanx
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

That is an extremely outdated version, even for version 4 it's an old build. Download the last build of version 4 from the main Mixcraft download page here
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

I just upgraded as you recommended to 4.5 Build 118, and retried playing the song and it once again froze right when it comes to the part where I have 8 different sound tracks overlapping. I'm using WaveRT. Also, I opened up my CPU usage to see what happens when it freezes, my CPU goes all way to 94%. I'm really confused as I had no problem in my old laptop that ran Windows XP.

My computer specs are following if that helps:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
Memory (RAM) 4.GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Are there any 3rd party effects being use at the point where it locks up? Try disabling some of the effects on the tracks and see if it smooths out.
Also, try it in Mixcraft 5 and see if the issue goes away.
Download a trial here
It installs completely separate from version 4, so no worries about overwriting anything.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

I installed version 5 and played the song. The software didn't freeze but it was struggling to get past that section where I have 10 sound tracks overlapped - therfore, crackling. I went back to preference and I decided to change WaveRT to Wave, it stopped freezing and struggling with that setting in both versions of the software.

Is having it on Wave going to affect my sound quality? I can't seem to get the song to work smoothly in both software versions without freezing or struggling with the WaveRT setting. Is there a good WaveRT setting that won't make it freeze or struggle that I can try?

I didn't having any external party effects in that part of the song.