Tempo Change Tips?

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

cj246

Tempo Change Tips?

Post by cj246 »

Hello

I'm having trouble with tempo changes. Beatcraft is unable to properly render with tempo flags.

I tried rendering as one tempo then going into mixcraft and adding the tempo flag there, but it really messes up the drum sound.

I could try rendering multiple sequences of different tempos and joining them together on mixcraft, but I fear that will ruin the continuity to some extent (e.g. cymbal 1 in the previous pattern ringing over cymbal 1 in the integrated pattern).

I know (or at least think I know) the trick with adding an empty bar, but my particular case it isn't really an option...

Any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

What happens when you render using tempo flags?
cj246

Post by cj246 »

When I render sequences with tempo flags, I get some misaligned double hits and stuff in the pattern which the tempo change occurs... then it all goes normal.

Do you need me to send you a sample, or do you kinda know what I'm talking about?

Thanks.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Send in a support request about it and we'll try to help.
support
stebloke

Post by stebloke »

Was there ever a fix found for this? Have just started to use Beatcraft and am having exactly the same problem.

The sequence plays fine in the program, but when I render as soon as it gets to the tempo flags I get double hits and empty bits. I've tried rendering using different settings but no luck.

I'm using XP.

Thanks for any help.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Have you tried the trick of putting an empty pattern at the end of the sequence?
stebloke

Post by stebloke »

I've been playing around and I think I've cracked it. Putting empty patterns at the end didn't work initially. The sequence ends at a different tempo than it starts, so I tried adding a tempo flag on the last empty pattern that reset the sequence back to its start tempo. Then it all rendered ok. Then I removed the flag out of curiosity and it continues to render ok. Weird one, but it works now so is all good :)
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Glad to hear you got it working.
This post brought back memories for me, I used to put a tempo flag at the end which matched the start tempo so I didn't have to reset it every time I played it back. Maybe that's why I didn't run across the issue you described above.
IanDunford

Re:

Post by IanDunford »

stebloke wrote:I've been playing around and I think I've cracked it. Putting empty patterns at the end didn't work initially. The sequence ends at a different tempo than it starts, so I tried adding a tempo flag on the last empty pattern that reset the sequence back to its start tempo. Then it all rendered ok. Then I removed the flag out of curiosity and it continues to render ok. Weird one, but it works now so is all good :)
So confused and I'm getting the same shit :(
Killing my drum patterns Ive got going from 150bpm to 80bpm.

Like a triple kick drum hit O_O