Copy & Pasting portions of a track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Bucktail

Copy & Pasting portions of a track

Post by Bucktail »

I've spent some time looking through the manual and the forum but can't seem to figure this out.

When I copy a portion of a track I want to and paste it to another track I notice that if I stretch out the newly pasted track I actually have the whole track. Should I be using a different procedure to copy these clips to the new track?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What do you want it to do when you stretch the copied clip out? Loop? You can adjust the Loop Start and Loop End markers on the Sound tab.

Greg
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

To bump up a small portion of a vocal I will copy the part of the track I want to duplicate and paste it in another track giving me the effect of two vocals.

Through playing around with the pasted part I noticed that I can stretch out the track and reveal more of the original track I copied.

I wasn't sure If I was performing this task the correct way through copy and paste or if there is a better way to do this. My thought was that if the track is duplicated the project would take more computer resources than if I [u]only [/u] had the one or two seconds I wanted to duplicate.

I hope that made sense..... I'm still pretty new to this stuff.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This is normal. When you cut, copy and paste in Mixcraft, you're not really cutting up the original sound. Audio files are stored separately from the project file. This preserves your original master recordings no matter how much you chop them up in your mix.

Greg
aj113

Post by aj113 »

The clip is duplicated but the raw audio file is untouched, therefore you are not using any extra resource.