Restoring Project files from deleted PC accounts

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

checkyourhead

Restoring Project files from deleted PC accounts

Post by checkyourhead »

Hello. I have an odd question for you people. I'm not too good with computers, so excuse my odd phrasing.

So a while ago, I had multiple user accounts on my PC, and each one obviously had Mixcraft installed. I often would go from account to account, working on projects. Well, I actually deleted those old user accounts recently, and forgot that they had my Mixcraft project files on them. Is there anyway to get these back? I was able to get back all of the individual tracks I recorded, because that automatically gets saved deep in the PC users folder, but for some reason, the actual Mixcraft projects are no where to be found. This makes things annoying, because I have to individually go through all those files, and put the little snippets in order, and in time with each other. If I had that project file, I could simply open it up, and tweak things that way. That's all. Thanks people!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Restoring Project files from deleted PC accounts

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Download this free desktop search tool called "Search Everything".
http://voidtools.com
Install it, and then run it.
Once it is done building it's initial database, start typing .mx8 in the search bar.
It will show you every mixcraft 8 project file on the pc. You can right click the file and choose open file location to see exactly where it is.
If it doesn't find anything, then they don't exist.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Restoring Project files from deleted PC accounts

Post by Acoustica Eric »

That is assuming you were using mixcraft 8 on those deleted accounts. If not, replace .mx8 with .mx7 or .mx6 or whatever version you were using.