Mixcraft 8 video playback not working **Please Help!!!**

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

banzailoco

Re: Mixcraft 8 video playback not working **Please Help!!!**

Post by banzailoco »

I try and it didn't work with the AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series(old video card), driver are not updated anymore. Mixcraft 8 crashes when adding a video file. Thanks for the tip :)
Laserjones

Post by Laserjones »

The workaround given above works in principle, but with the Intel graphics adapter, I still get only about 1 frame per second in the video preview (on an Intel i7 laptop), which is not sufficient for precise sound timing.

This should definitely be fixed. High-end graphics cards are meant to be used for stuff like video editing, so it makes no sense to be forced to switch back to the primary (low-end) adapter.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft relies upon Microsoft DirectShow to process video. Microsoft DirectShow needs the proper video codecs to be installed. Both of these things rely upon the graphics driver and card you've got in your computer. Video encoding formats are extremely numerous and complex.

One thing I've found is that 32-bit Mixcraft sometimes runs out of memory trying to process video, so it's good to use 64-bit Mixcraft.

Other than that, make sure all your drivers are up to date, and you can try installing something like the K-Lite video codecs.

If MP4 isn't working, try WMV. AVI makes enormous un-compressed files, so that's not always practical. If a particular format isn't working, you can try converting it to WMV before you bring it into Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101