Separate One Stereo Track Into Two Tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

DavidMcKnight

Separate One Stereo Track Into Two Tracks

Post by DavidMcKnight »

I have searched here and in the manual, it *seems* like this is something you'd be able to do, but maybe not.
I bring in a stereo file (click on one side, the track on the other) to a track in MX, and I want to separate the L and R channels into individual tracks. I thought I could at least do it by putting two copies of the stereo file onto two different tracks and panning one hard L and one hard R, but that just outputs the whole stereo track (both channels) to the left or right speaker. Am I missing something that should be obvious?

thanks,
David
MX 9 Pro, 64-bit. DIY PC w/ i5, Gigabyte Mobo, 16GB, Windows 10. DIY desk from HomeStudioGuy. Behringer 1820. M-Audio LX-4 monitors. Dyna-Bass 5-string. Strat w EMGs. Seagull acoustic. R0de NT1-A, Behringer C2. M-Audio controller. 27 miles of cable.
outteh

Re: Separate One Stereo Track Into Two Tracks

Post by outteh »

Look at the sound properties drop down for the track. It should let you select left or right channel of the track. :D
DavidMcKnight

Re: Separate One Stereo Track Into Two Tracks

Post by DavidMcKnight »

Perfect, yes! Sound tab / Audio tab. Thank you!
MX 9 Pro, 64-bit. DIY PC w/ i5, Gigabyte Mobo, 16GB, Windows 10. DIY desk from HomeStudioGuy. Behringer 1820. M-Audio LX-4 monitors. Dyna-Bass 5-string. Strat w EMGs. Seagull acoustic. R0de NT1-A, Behringer C2. M-Audio controller. 27 miles of cable.