Loving the Omni Sampler! Sampling MelloTron & my S50 sounds

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

SirLanceALot

Loving the Omni Sampler! Sampling MelloTron & my S50 sounds

Post by SirLanceALot »

Thanks Mixcraft for the Omni Sampler!!!

I have a CD with Mellotron samples, they aren't that good but,
*** the "Omni Sampler" is great, and it's a piece of cake to import those wav samples
and play them using a MIDI keyboard.

:( I miss the 3 Mellotrons I use to own. :( (had to sell them to pay medical bills)
I did record the tapes before I let them go, but can't find them.

--> Also, others in this group have posted about Redtron, a free, and very good, Mellotron VST, that's easy to download, copy into the VST folder and works perfectly.

***Most of you are probably using Mixcraft only in the studio as your DAW. I love using it as a DAW, but I'm mostly using it live these days for all the incredible sounds & VST's that come with Mixcraft Pro, and all the VST's that you can add and play with Mixcraft. So I have a ton of tracks with all the sounds loaded up that I expect to use live, and solo only the track(s) that I need to use on the spot. Works great! This is all in an effort to reduce the footprint on stage, while still having all the sounds I'm use to with a large old school keyboard setup.

I haven't used the Omni Sampler 8 out yet, but will as I have a 10ch setup. I know 2ch's sounds like enough, but think even better than surround sound.
LA
PS I haven't used .sf2 files before, but I started exporting the samples from them to .wav files, for use in the Omni Sampler.
I'm using the "free" Viena SoundFont Editor. It's GUI is absolutely stunning for a FREEWARE pgm.
--> Check it out if you're dealing with .sf2 files that contain multiple samples.
Lance
Mixcraft user since Ver 1or2 (when it still fit on a floppy or 2)
Ian Craig

Re: Loving the Omni Sampler! Sampling MelloTron & my S50 sounds

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi Sir,
Have you tried the free Sforzando which has the free Sforzatron three layer Mellotron sounds ?
https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2017/0 ... forzatron/
Sforzando and (I think) the Garritan free Sounds can be found at the bottom of this page
https://plogue.com/downloads.html
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
SirLanceALot

Re: Loving the Omni Sampler! Sampling MelloTron & my S50 sounds

Post by SirLanceALot »

Thanks Ian!
I'll have to check all those out.
Lance
Mixcraft user since Ver 1or2 (when it still fit on a floppy or 2)