Coming up short on DVD insert sizes!

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

janlafata

Coming up short on DVD insert sizes!

Post by janlafata »

I've been using the DVD with DVD case option, then dragging over from my files, a JPEG of a movie insert, front and back that I downloaded from places like AllCDCovers.com.

I have been printing with letter size presentation paper. I use that because the colors don't soak through it and it's inexpensive. However, both the height and width of the insert are coming out short when I slide it into the sleeve, up to 3/8 of an inch at most.

I was told by the people at SureThing that Letter paper just will not work to print out DVD case inserts...that they are in A4 format, however, what I don't get is...if that were true, why do I still have room to print on both the sides and top and bottom, when I use my letter-size paper?

So is it time to use the "Edit Paper Printer Templates" and increase the size manually? I will probably have to experiment for awhile to get it just right, but any advice is appreciated.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you are in the U.S., you'd use legal-sized paper, not A4.

It sounds like the real problem is that the image isn't long enough. Is the image getting cut off?

Greg
janlafata

Post by janlafata »

Not that I can tell. I mean when I print it out, it looks like a complete DVD insert. Any other ideas? I did also try editing the templates as per the option under edit, but what I kinda figured out, and I'm sure that you'll agree with me on this...that just relates to printer settings.

I did also mess with an alignment setting that comes up when you bring up the print screen. It's got that setting there that allows you to stretch either in mm's or percent.

That actually did work some in that it did stretch the insert. I mean it looked much bigger when I printed it out, but I'm still playing with it at this point, to get the best results.

Also an interesting thing happened...For some reason, even going back to the default case settings that I was using for a few projects, it is now printing everything wider, under plain paper settings, though I did nothing to chance any setting to do that. Maybe a reboot will fix that.

So as it still stands...My inserts are still coming up about 3/8 inched short width and height-wise. But if I can get it back to the way I printed out the inserts when I first started, then maybe I can use the stretch option to bump things up a little bit .
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yeah, just stretch the image, and if you need to, use a legal-sized template.

Greg