Tempo issue when importing a wav file

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

metalman1221

Tempo issue when importing a wav file

Post by metalman1221 »

I have a Mixcraft song project saved. Its a drum track and some rhythm and lead tracks. Last night I decided to do the guitar tracks again and I was in another location so I used a Boss BR1200 Digital workstation. I recorded,saved and took the tracks (saved as WAV's)on a flashdrive and imported them into Mixcraft. I made sure all the tempos on each track were the same #. In this case, it's 72.4920. The new guitar parts are "off". Even thought the tracks are same tempo and lined up......you can hear the guitar is behind the beat. I dont know why. I 've done this before and had no issues. Yes, I can record directly into the PC (usually do)and do them over.....but this was a lot of work and I want to keep what I recorded already. Its 2 lead tracks a clean track and 2 rhythms.
Am I missing something? If all the tempos are the same #, why would this happen. For the record, the original rhythm track that was previously recorded is fine and the same tempo. Anyone?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Were the new tracks you imported, recorded at the same bit depth and sample rate as the rest of the project?
metalman1221

Post by metalman1221 »

Hey Eric, its Noel. Not sure of that info. Is there a way I can check it now? This never happened before. I know the easiest way is to rerecord it thru the Pc, but if I can resolve it using these tracks, it would be better.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Noel who? Just kidding :D
If you right click the wav file and choose properties, then go to the advanced or details tab, you might have to click a button labeled "advanced", I am going off memory here.
Anyway, it shoudl tell you those details.
metalman1221

Post by metalman1221 »

Ill check the numbers on those and also the wav files recorded in MC. If they don't match, I assume I should just do it all over in mc then?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

You could try converting from wav to wav, or from wav and make sure to convert to the same formatting that Mixcraft records with, which is probably 44100/16
If you have a 32 bit OS you can use our audio converter pro for that.