Acoustica and iTunes

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Jnalupta

Acoustica and iTunes

Post by Jnalupta »

Hi everyone,

First off, great software. OK, here's my problem: I created a mix with Acoustica, complete with overlaps and fades etc., and saved the song list as an .m3U list. I wanted to import it to iTunes so that I could load it onto my iPod and play it. The problem is that, once loaded onto the iPod, the mix reverts back to separate songs without all the fades, which defeats the purpose of making the mix in the first place.
Now, I have a feeling someone might tell me to burn the acoustica song list onto a cd and then import that to iTunes (which I haven't tried yet) thus preserving the mix. But, I'm hesitant to do that because I don't want to further lose any song quality by burning and then re-importing. I'd optimally like to import digitally and then load onto the iPod. Any suggestions?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's up to the MP3 player to play the MP3s without gaps. Most MP3 players, including iPods, don't do this. There's always a gap between songs as the player loads the next song. The only sure-fire way around this would be to burn the mix as one big long track, but then you wouldn't be able to jump to an individual song in the mix.

MP3 CD Burner doesn't have an option to burn the mix as one big file, but you could do that in DJ Twist & Burn or Mixcraft.

Greg
Jnalupta

OK, thanks for the help!

Post by Jnalupta »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

It's up to the MP3 player to play the MP3s without gaps. Most MP3 players, including iPods, don't do this. There's always a gap between songs as the player loads the next song. The only sure-fire way around this would be to burn the mix as one big long track, but then you wouldn't be able to jump to an individual song in the mix.

MP3 CD Burner doesn't have an option to burn the mix as one big file, but you could do that in DJ Twist & Burn or Mixcraft.

Greg