Future Plugins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

DaveB

Future Plugins

Post by DaveB »

Any chance that the future plugins (effects/instruments) that come with the 64bit version of Mixcraft 7 will be 64bit also? Looking to see if this is going to be a fully 64bit setup or will there be 32bit plugins included as well.

Thanks.

Dave
Acoustica Greg

Re: Future Plugins

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

64-bit Mixcraft 7 will come with both 64-bit and 32-bit plugins. For example, we probably won't have a 64-bit version of something like GSnap, but there will be 64-bit versions of the Acoustica effects.

Greg
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

I'm assuming that Mixcraft will have its own bridge or a licensed copy of jBridge to make that possible?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

DaveB wrote:I'm assuming that Mixcraft will have its own bridge or a licensed copy of jBridge to make that possible?
What would really be cool is if 64-bit Mixcraft 7 could just directly load 32-bit plugins. :wink:
chibear

Post by chibear »

What would really be cool is if 64-bit Mixcraft 7 could just directly load 32-bit plugins. :wink:
:shock: :!: :D
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
outteh

Post by outteh »

That's the way to do it! 8) :D
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Yeah I know how the bridging system works as I have jBridge myself. Just wondering Mixcraft's implementation, either their own bridge or third party.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

DaveB wrote:Yeah I know how the bridging system works as I have jBridge myself. Just wondering Mixcraft's implementation, either their own bridge or third party.
I think he's hinting that the "in-house" stuff will transfer just fine. :wink:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

gypsy101 wrote:
DaveB wrote:Yeah I know how the bridging system works as I have jBridge myself. Just wondering Mixcraft's implementation, either their own bridge or third party.
That's not cool enough. It would be much cooler if all 32-bit plugins didn't need a bridge.
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Yeah that's cool. Just as long as we get more goodies to play with! :D
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
gypsy101 wrote:
That's not cool enough. It would be much cooler if all 32-bit plugins didn't need a bridge.
even better.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Greg, do you need a giant banner that says "hint hint"? :lol:

Actually, it never once occurred to me to ask about MX7 using bridging or not, even though I know that in many cases a 64-bit DAW would need a bridge module to use 32-bit plugins, or at least they have in the past. If Mixcraft 7 can load 32-bit and 64-bit VST and VSTi plugins seamlessly, then that'll be a leg up on some other DAWs
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Could someone please explain the advantage of 64-bit plugins over 32-bit?
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Ian - I am no technician but as I understand it 64bit plug-in are not only able to access more memory, but they handle the memory in a much more efficient way. So 64bit essentially means that the plug-ins will potentially run quicker and smoother. Granted for some Plug-ins that are not processor intensive 64bit wont make much difference, but others that need a greater degree of processing power will run better.

I am sure that someone can chime in with a better technical answer, but that is my understanding.

Cheers

John
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Here's a good rundown. It's older, but current enough:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov10/a ... 64-bit.htm

The bottom line is that access to more memory, especially when you're 64-bit all the way through, will improve performance generally when you use vst's with large sample libraries. But CPU still matters - slow processing still means hiccups, 64-bit or not.
*Vibrant Audio*