Virtual instruments and making harmonies

Post any tips and tricks you've discovered for using Acoustica software here.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

artistpw

Virtual instruments and making harmonies

Post by artistpw »

Hi:

I am just dabbling with MixCraft, but having a blast. I am trying to make my own music, and when I get a melody I sort of like, and try to make harmony tracks, so far, I've been taking a screen shot of the melody loop, and putting into Ms Paint, so I can see it better when I try to make the harmony. It would be nice if there might be something like a split screen to see two tracks really well at the same time. Until that might happen, I'll keep doing the screen shot method. Just a suggestion if anyone else might be having the same issue. :)
artistpw
art blog: www.artistpw.blogspot.com
Rus

Post by Rus »

"Scoring" music?

Well, what I would do is construct a chord DMaj7 (for instance) on one track and have four separate tracks for each note. That would be a total of five tracks

DMaj7 Chord

Note D

Note F#

Note A

Note C#

Of course, to have the same instrument play, (ie: strings) each track needs to be set to the same channel (Chord Track muted) Always go back to the "Chord Track" for reference.

Just to point out, chord construction is more auditory than visual - unless you mean as their placement since often times they're "right under the melody." I'd be welcome to help you.